JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Mechanical and Engineering Company who are specialists in bespoke fabrication to recruit Mechanical Quantity Surveyor.
The role will be based in Mayo and offers an attractive salary and career progression opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Prepare cost estimate for all project phases, preparing tender documents, contracts, drawings, BoQ, specifications, budgets and maintain accurate records
- Performs material take offs prior to the purchase requisitions for the projects and reports any irregularities or discrepancies to the project management
- Perform and implement post contract duties including measurements, final accounts & evaluation reports. Preparation of payment application and agreeing with Client
- Work very close with the project team to ensure that measurements, variations and contractual matters are properly recorded and notified
- Manage, examine, control and evaluate subcontractor works, evaluate claims, variations, invoices and ensure the contractual obligations are satisfied
- Evaluate quotations obtained from suppliers & subcontractors, ensuring quantities and specifications are in line with tender and projects specifications. Prepare and update material status and procurement schedule
- Evaluate quotations and ensure quantities and specifications are in line with tender and project specifications
- Provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing
- Conduct meetings with the Client, site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Identify and track changes to the design and project work and adjust the budget accordingly
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of Quantity surveying / Mechanical Engineering experience
- Technical and practical knowledge of all phases of contract development, award, administration and close-out relating to a multi-discipline civil/ construction project
- Capability to accept responsibilities and accomplish project objectives in a timely manner
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills and strong English capability