Our client, a nationwide organisation for occupational therapy, require a full-Time Occupational Therapist for elderly care centres and patient step-down facilities in the Dublin, Wicklow region.
Hours per week are 37.5, Monday to Friday - with the potential to work on Saturdays occasionally.
You will work in a fully supported environment lead by our client's Clinical Management Team and be given the opportunity to work autonomously in the private healthcare sector. Salary is commensurate with experience.
You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Deliver a comprehensive Occupational Therapy service to Adults and Older Adults consisting of physical, sensory and cognitive assessment and intervention.
- Devise and carry out appropriate assessments e.g., seating, hoist & slings, functional and meaningful activities of daily living.
- Assist individuals in becoming independent following physical, social, emotional and mental-health difficulties.
- Work as part of a team with other Healthcare Professionals such as Nurses, Social Worker, Speech & Language Therapists, Physiotherapists etc.
- Liaise with patients’ families and other relevant agencies
- Engage actively in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) e.g., Staff Training Days, Participate in regular service review meetings
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good practical skills.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Problem solving approach.
- Experience in providing Occupational Therapy intervention to the adult population.
- Experience in rehabilitation is a bonus.
- CORU registration is a must. CORU registration is required to practice in Ireland. International applicants considered with CORU registration.
- Prior to commencing in your role, you will be required to obtain membership of The Association of Occupational Therapists of Ireland.
- Private Indemnity Insurance which can be secured in Ireland just prior to commencement in the role
- Full driver’s license (international driver’s license) and access to a car.
- Our client specialises in providing high quality healthcare services to both the Public & Private Sectors in Ireland
Apply now for further information or email LMcEneaney@servisource.ie