Operations Director | Main Contractor | Leinster
- Marketing leading main contractor in Ireland
- Established list of existing clients across Ireland with significant repeat business
- Prestigious Projects across multiple sectors
- Excellent package along with scope for career progression
Oradeo has been retained by our Client, who are a leading Main Contractor, who collaborate with some of the most prestigious Clients, Architects, Consultant Engineers, Professional practices and Contractors in Ireland and the UK.
This role is high profile, where the right candidate will be an integral part of the executive management team and will be tasked with leading and managing the operations for the group within Ireland on a multitude of exciting, complex and large projects
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be tasked with leading and managing the successful delivery of a number of projects within Ireland in addition to ensuring the operational performance of the organisation.
- The candidate will be a member of the Executive Management Team, and keep fellow senior managers and shareholders advised of market trends and will proactively contribute to the overall management of the group
- Taking a strategic approach to the organisation commercial performance, the candidate will be expected to have longstanding relationships within the construction market such that they are able to secure future business for the company and also manage existing accounts across a range of tier 1 and 2 construction partners.
- Ensuring with that the company’s value propositions is approached in an innovative way, to ensure that the projects are delivered on time, to budget, at the required quality to create the maximum value for the end Clients.
- The candidate must be able to function autonomously and jointly with senior management. They must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues throughout the project lifecycle.
- The role will necessitate the candidate to take a pro-active overview of risk management for the group, such that risks of delivery are understood, managed and mitigated.
- Planning, maintaining and controlling the operational and commercial administration of all projects through the tender, design, production and construction phases of the project lifecycle, whilst maintaining relationships with all stakeholders in the process.
- Manage the value engineering processes with the Clients design team to ensure maximum value is realised for all stakeholders
- Implementing effective means of controlling contractual documentation on projects, whilst ensuring that the team prepare and maintain programmes and related records
- Actively participate in site project meetings and ensuring that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved
- Leading, directing, coaching and mentoring the project staff with respect to design, programme, production, construction, commercial, and regulatory requirements as necessary
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations and efficiency, streamlining work processes, and proactively collaborates with all stakeholders to add value.
- Building, growing and developing business relationships for the success of the project and target projects/Clients in line with the company’s business development strategy for all future workload
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering/Construction to degree level is essential and to master’s degree level would be desirable.
- Experience at a senior level, ideally gained with a main or specialised contractor.
- Technically strong with rounded skill sets, analytical and commercially astute, with strong problem solving skills. The ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables is essential.
- Have a sound knowledge of current construction techniques, build ability and value engineering concepts
- Have a proven track record of overseeing projects through to their successful completion.
- Strong customer focus skills, with the ability to build relationships and networks with strategic stakeholders.
- Demonstrable strategic outlook, commercial awareness, financial acumen and previous client relationship management and networking skills.
- Previous experience in managing and leading a team with people management experience.
- A strong professional and business network will be desirable, and to have the ability to build and sustain relationships with a diverse spectrum of people.
- A confident presenter, good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Entrepreneurial, energetic and ambitious for personal growth and development.
- A high level of organisational ability.
For more information about this Operations Director role or other Operations Manager/Senior Management opportunities, contact Declan Duggan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/+44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo – Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors