Recruit Island are currently seeking a Payroll Assistant for their client who is based in Dublin City Centre. This is a fixed term contract for a period of 12 months. Please note that the ideal candidate will have immediate availability.
Contract: Fixed Term 12 Months
Annual Leave: 23 Days
Weekly Hours: 37
- Assisting and ensuring the accurate and timely end to end processing of the monthly payroll for the Organisation.
- Assisting with the administering third party deductions, i.e. Pension, VHI, Social Welfare, BIK, LPT, ASC etc.
- Assisting with the completion of control checks prior to transmitting the final monthly payment.
- Liaise with the Finance Department/Finance Manager to ensure payroll accruals are accurate.
- Liaising with HR and other departments in relation to employee information for joiners, leavers and amendments.
- Ensuring compliance with Revenue under new PAYE modernisation.
- Keep up to date with legislative changes which impact on payroll.
- Assisting with the accurate and timely processing and completion of payroll year end.
- Assisting with the Preparation and submission of payroll related CSO returns and Pension Broker Reports.
- Assisting with month end reporting and posting of payroll journals to Integra General Ledger.
- Dealing with staff queries responsively, accurately and confidentially.
- Any other reasonable and relevant duties as requested that are necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
- Assist with Internal and External Audit requirements.
- IPASS qualified or in the process of gaining IPASS Qualification
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience with a large volume of payroll in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of public sector pay and pension processing
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience with Core preferred but not essential
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent time management, administration skills and attention to detail
- Approachable, highly professional in manner and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic about payroll
The successful candidate must have 1/2 years’ work experience in a relevant payroll role, with a track record in processing payroll.
We are looking for an individual to join a team to make a key contribution to the finance team with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate articulately and effectively both orally and in writing
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Word
- Relevant payroll or IPASS qualification essential or demonstrate relevant payroll experience
If you are interested in this position please send us your application today!