A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Personal Student Support Assistant
Fixed Term Contract 12 months, 30 Hours
To provide individualized supports to persons with ASD that enables them to fully participate in training. Support includes assistance with attending employment, personal care and other support needs during their day.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 Healthcare or Social Care Qualification
- Patient Moving and Handling Qualification
- Infection Control Qualification desirable
- Experience of dealing with persons with additional support needs
- Experience in the provision of personal care desirable
- Skills in the care and support of individuals with disabilities
- Capacity to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Flexible and person-centered approach
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and assist persons to fully participate in training and/ or work experience
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene and adhering to safe practice at all times. Assist in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure as required.
- Support persons with physical/sensory disabilities in the use of assistive technology equipment, with typing, handwriting, creative materials etc.
- Apply all standards and procedures relating to Health and Safety legislation and maintain the highest levels of safety adhering to policy and procedure in the use of all safety equipment. Report to the Manager any concerns regarding safety and welfare.
- Assist with catering, cleaning and carry out any other duties and responsibilities within the general requirements of the job specification as may be required from time to time. Observe all rules, regulations and standards in operation.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of activities of Rehab Group and actively participate in and promote a culture of excellence throughout all Rehab group activities. Display a commitment to living the organisational values of Advocacy, Quality, Dignity, Justice and Teamwork.
- Driving Licence is essential
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of employee at all times.
- Approachable, positive can do attitude
- Ability to manage and adapt to changing environment
- Motivation skills with energy & enthusiasm
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date 7th September 2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer