JWR Employment Specialists are recruiting a Process & Maintenance Technician for a Medical Device manufacturing company located in Boyle, Co. Roscommon.
The person in this role will supporting Manufacturing Operations and Technical Departments through calibration/maintenance and introduction of new plant/equipment, provision of tooling, jigs and fixtures and the development of robust processes and operations.
The role will offer an attractive salary and benefits as well opportunity for growth and development within the company.
- Develop, install and maintain planned maintenance and calibration schedules which conform to the requirements of the company’s quality system, perform a program of work based on the schedules to ensure all plant and equipment is in calibration at all times and maintained in optimum condition
- Self -directed, responsible, and able to work on problems of moderate scope involving various cross-functional groups
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, customer service oriented, individual working with his/her Manager and with manufacturing and technical personal, ensure jigs, fixtures and tooling are available at all times to support the production schedules and technical development/ projects schedule
- Ensure jigs, fixtures, tooling, and equipment is installed and maintained in a manner which ensures the safety of personnel and in particular that safety guards and features are in full working order
- Ensure emergency response equipment (fire extinguishers, fire hoses, alarms etc.) are in place and are maintained and tested according to quality system’s
- Provide a rapid response and troubleshooting service to manufacturing and technical covering breakdowns and other processing problems/improvements
- Liaise with tooling, equipment and production or maintenance service suppliers and contractors to identify and purchase requirements
- Install and commission new equipment, work with technical and manufacturing staff to ensure new equipment introductions, validations and changes are effectively documented in accordance with the quality system’s
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement with the department, while adhering to required standards of housekeeping, GMP and safety
- Maintain the plant, facility and grounds including utility systems and equipment Develop Subject Matter Experience (SME) knowledge level for process technologies for which you are responsible
- Support the site Safety and Continuous Improvement programs
Skills and Qualifications:
- Maintenance Technicians should have completed an applicable craft apprenticeship or Engineering Degree, followed by 3 years relevant practical process & maintenance experience
- Experience in PLC Logic programming and wiring would be beneficial
- Experience of the application and understanding of Problem-solving techniques
- A minimum of 3 years medical device/pharmaceutical and/or diagnostics manufacturing experience
- Must have a good working knowledge of quality systems as they apply to the maintenance and calibration areas
- Self-starter with good inter-personal skills
- Practical level-headed individual who is prepared to actively participate as an active member of the team
- The ability to troubleshoot process and equipment in a logical manner to resolve the issues