JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be working with a growing international manufacturing company located in Castlebar, Co. Mayo to recruit a Procurement Coordinator.
The Procurement Coordinator will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager and primary responsibility is to oversee the purchase and timely delivery of materials in support of the supply chain process. The Procurement Coordinator will also contribute to the efficiency of operations by coordinating and delivering procurement initiatives and improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Purchase components from internal and external suppliers.
- Ensure purchase orders are placed in line with lead-times and agreed SLA’s.
- Liaise with corporate supply chain to optimise the procurement process.
- Establish and maintain sufficient stocking levels for components.
- Implement and maintain Kanban system for consumable material.
- Participate in daily / weekly production planning meetings.
- Build an excellent rapport with Customer Service, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing and Operations across all sites.
- Support other Supply Chain personnel as required, and act as back up as needed.
- Work with Quality department on new material and new supplier onboarding activities.
- Assist in managing & maintaining supplier related documentation, issues, and metrics.
- Support supplier quality audits of external vendors as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Third level qualification in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain management or other related discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience in an industry related role is essential.
- Demonstrated critical and effective decision-making skills with the ability to work on one’s own initiative to resolve competing priorities and with minimum supervision.
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems, Dynamic 365 is an advantage.
- Must be proficient with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written & presentation communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, adaptable and organisational skills.
- Cross functional interaction.
- Strong team member with the ability to identify and drive efficiency improvements.
Occasional work may be done in an ISO Class 7 cleanroom environment. Powder free gloves, face masks, hairnets, gowns, and shoe covers must be worn. Because smokers continue to shed thousands of smoke particles even hours after smoking a cigarette and these particles will damage our products, only non-smokers are permitted to enter or work in the cleanroom. As a result, the successful candidate must be a nonsmoker.