Servisource, on behalf of our client are seeking a Procurement & Sales Manager for their company who are award-winning growers, packers and distributors of fresh produce for the Fresh retail and foodservice markets.
Based in Lobinstown, Co. Meath, this state-of-the-art family farm and food production facility is an industry leader in Innovation and Sustainability.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the Procurement & Sales Manager will develop and maintain their team of growers and secure supply of fresh produce for their expanding customer base. It will involve working alongside their farm manager on a continuous basis and will also involve frequent farm visits to inspect & monitor their potato crops during the growing season.
- Daily orders from suppliers and complete PO’s on the system.
- Monitor stock levels against sales projections and plan accordingly.
- Ensure stock counts are performed and reconciled.
- Visit our farm crops regularly.
- Manage contracts/programs to ensure continuity and timelines of supply.
- Maintain strong working relationships with long-term suppliers and customers to assure quality, fulfilment, value and delivery targets are met.
- Respond to and resolve queries daily from customers and suppliers efficiently.
- Negotiate effectively and efficiently in terms of product quality specification, volume, delivery and value with both suppliers & customers.
- Undertake store visits and attend meetings with growers and supermarkets on a regular basis internally & externally.
- Undertake work involving market & industry trends, promotions, packaging and marketing strategy.
- Communicate effectively with Production, Quality, Logistics and other relevant departments to plan daily and effectively.
- Lead and motivate the Procurement & Sales team and ensure that they receive appropriate support, training and development to achieve their potential.
- Necessary administration duties associated with the role.
- Ad-hoc duties as requested by the Buying team and Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or supply chain related discipline is important
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar role is a distinct advantage. However, if you have procurement and sales experience in another industry, you will be considered
- Knowledge of / experience in the FMCG Sector would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent negotiator and communicator: verbal and written
- Excellent attitude and willing to learn
- Strong organisational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (e.g. Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP experience is an advantage
- Willingness to travel from time to time.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good initiative and hands on person
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Excellent interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Demonstrate initiative and a flexible approach to issues
- Good judgement skills with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Manage time effectively
If you wish to apply, please send your CV to [email protected]