Recruit Island are currently seeking a Procurement Specialist for their client who is based in Co. Kildare. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a large nationally recognized Irish company on a three month fixed term contract.
Weekly Hours: 37.5
Contract: Temporary - 3 Months
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and improve procurement and contract strategy for each strategic project.
- Lead procurement policy and strategy development in the project.
- Contribute to the enhancement of processes and policies pertaining to procurement within the business. Proactively support and coach business representatives to follow same;
- Review and assess third party spends with team owners within the business unit and agree measures to either reduce cost, reduce consumption or mitigate risk. Ensure these measures are incorporated into category and supplier strategies and review, monitor and report on their progress;
- Participate proactively as part of the Legal and Business Services team, continuously seeking opportunities to enhance the department. Work closely with the other teams in the project to understand and anticipate their procurement needs and requirements;
- Actively participate across the group with the new ways of working with other procurement specialists in the Company. Where applicable work closely with procurement colleagues to ensure that there is common application of the clients procurement policy and ensure that group wide procurement initiatives are implemented consistently in the business unit. Collaborate with procurement colleagues in the Lean Centre and other business units to ensure the project requirements are fully represented in group wide procurements;
- Help to develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system to monitor supplier performance and ensure continuous improvement and innovation embedded into the supply relationship;
- Prepare and review procurement documentation and participate fully in the negotiation of commercial contracts with suppliers throughout the procurement process;
- Ensure compliance with shareholder guidelines, regulation and company procurement policy in relation to third party spend;
- Continuously improve the control environment working with the business and other procurement resources in order to facilitate an annual procurement compliance report to the Risk & Audit committee of the Board and the Chairman's statement of compliance to the shareholder;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the Company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Honours Degree (NFQ 8) in relevant procurement or business discipline;
- 4 years Procurement/Category Management experience;
- Excellent knowledge of procurement policies/regulation and leading SRM practice.
Please send us your CV today for further information on the above role.