A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Community Support Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Programme Facilitator/Community Support Worker
Skibbereen Outreach & Bantry Services
Community Support Worker: Permanent Contract, 15 hours
Programme Facilitator: Permanent Contract, 24 hours
Reporting to the Service Manager through the Programmes Supervisor, the post holder will facilitate service users in their choices, developing programmes within the context of a person centred model of service delivery. The programmes may include independent living, personal development and occupational and leisure activities, within the context of a quality of life model in line with New Directions.
To promote and support independent living and community integration through personal development, valued social roles and independent living skills with clients in their local community. To assist the Community Services Manager, in the development, implementation, monitoring and delivery of a quality customer focused, cost effective community service to clients at an appropriate time and setting, along with an active contribution towards the involvement of RehabCare in the expansion of this service.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Essential: A minimum of one years’ experience working in the field of disability, particularly in the area of mental health.
- A third level degree in Health & Social Care
- Previous experience of working in a community and supported housing service
- Experience of working 1:1 in the community
- Good knowledge of New Directions and community based programmes
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To plan, develop, implement, monitor and review appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programs within the community.
- To enshrine the concept of independent living by supporting clients to live in their own homes independently, integrate into their local community, develop valued social roles and access local resources
- To develop and deliver person centred programmes to meet the needs of service users as identified through Person Centred Planning and to maintain the required records
- To support individuals and groups in accessing their community to meet identified needs by facilitating activities and programmes and any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Programmes Supervisor / Community Services Manager.
- Full Clean Driving Licence and access to a car for business purposes
- To promote and be actively involved in teamwork at all times.
- To liaise with families, the multidisciplinary team and other personnel as directed by the Community Services Manager
- A flexible shift system will operate
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Thursday 13th May 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer