A commitment to living the values of Teamwork, Respect, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality.
We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills, and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals
Manor West Outreach Hub
Tralee, Co Kerry
Permanent Contract, 15 hours
The purpose of the job is to promote and support independent living and community integration personal development and work opportunities for service users. To assist the Manager in the development, implementation and delivery of quality customer focused and cost effective community services to service-Users at an appropriate time and setting. This includes the provision of individual programmes and activities to meet the needs, choices and abilities of service-users
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A Third level graduate, health and social care or equivalent
- Well-developed people management skills, with proven experience of building, leading and motivating a team.
- Experience of working with adults with disabilities
- Track record of liaising with service users and their families to ensure the best quality of care.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Build trusting relationships and communication with service users, facilitating them to identify their goals, strengths and needs.
- Support service users to establish and enhance their natural support circle.
- Research and devise Community Profiles, sourcing activities in service user’s communities.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with local organizations.
- Be action orientated; enjoying working hard and seeking challenges with an ability to act and react as required, even in circumstances of limited/incomplete information.
- Be flexible regarding working hours and travel in order to meet the operational needs of the service and organization.
- Flexibly adapt to take on other reasonable duties/projects if required by the CSM
- Full clean driving license
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Monday, 31st January 2022
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer