Castlebar, County Mayo.
Fixed term, 36 hours.
The post holder has responsibility for coordinating and promoting the ’Hospitality Inc’ project which aims to support participants to access work placement and employment in the Hospitality industry in Westport and South Mayo. ‘Hospitality Inc’ is an inclusive hospitality training academy initiative funded under Pobal Dormant Accounts Fund - Measure to Support the Employment of People with Disabilities, led by the Rehab group and supported by Mayo, Sligo & Leitrim Education Training Board, Westport Chamber of Commerce, Destination Westport and Irish Hotels Federation – Mayo Branch. The Project Coordinator will work directly with employers to secure employment opportunities and provide ongoing support to both employers and the individual to retain the learner in work. The Project Coordinator will be experienced in supporting People with Disabilities in employment, and working with Employers to support People with Disabilities to secure and retain employment.
The Project Coordinator will facilitate disability awareness training and support to employers and their staff to create a disability aware workplace. The post-holder will work directly with all relevant stakeholders: the Hospitality Inc. participants, Rehab-National Learning Network, Westport Chamber of Commerce, Destination Westport and Hospitality sector employers. The post-holder will work closely with the Rehab-National Learning Network course tutors who will provide the necessary training, and with employers who will provide work experience opportunities for Learners, to achieve the project objectives of employment and engagement. The post-holder will maintain records and prepare periodic reports as required by POBAL,
The post holder will report directly to the Mayo Rehab-National Learning Network Area Manager, and will report regularly to the Project Steering Committee.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Relevant third level qualification or significant prior employment services experience
- Full & current driver’s license
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and demonstrate a high level of self-motivation and ability to work on their own.
- Excellent innovative thinking and ability to work under pressure.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience of working within the hospitality or training and education industry
- Experience of successfully supporting people to access and remain in education or employment
- Experience as a leader with strong operational and coordination competency
- Proven ability to shape and drive a project from initiation stage to project close
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a caseload of a maximum of 24 people who have a physical or sensory disability or experienced mental health problems and wish to gain competitive employment.
- Actively lead and coordinate Hospitality work experience and placement activities, ensuring compliance with national standards & regulations
- Coordinate and produce reports as required, both for internal and external audiences, to ensure all metrics are in line with operational plans and that relevant senior management are kept regularly up to date and informed of variations to plan.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of Rehab Group are adhered to and support the development of new policies to ensure that all administrative processes are completed as required.
- Have excellent planning, coordinating and organisational skill
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 11/11/21
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer