Servisource, on behalf of our client are seeking a Project Manager – Construction for their Powergen Development Business Unit on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in Newbridge, Co.Kildare and will report to the Projects Manager.
The successful candidate will lead and manage project construction teams through procurement to completion to deliver multi-contract renewable energy construction projects on time, within budget and with a risk management approach consistent with the company risk appetite.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Project management of large scale multi-contract energy projects through the procurement, financing and construction and commissioning phases through to full operation;
- Lead the development and implementation of a proactive community engagement plan for the construction phase of projects taking account of effective stakeholder management and good industry practice;
- In the case of joint venture projects, fulfil the role identified in the project organisation structure, as agreed between the joint venture partners;
- With support from relevant internal functions, manage the tender and negotiation process for procurement of equipment supply and civil and electrical balance of plant contracts, and necessary construction professional services for the projects from pre-construction through funding to construction stage;
- Coordinate activities of all project support functions, both internal and outsourced service providers;
- Provide the necessary technical input, project information and liaison with professional services providers during project funding/financing phase;
- Prepare capital budget for the project and participate in development and finalisation of project financial model and business case;
- Oversee all stages of construction activity to ensure works are carried out to the required safety, quality and environmental standards;
- Prepare the project delivery plan including initial programme to be adjusted with contractor schedules when available for project master plan. Manage the project programme to ensure delivery of milestones and works on schedule, Capex/Opex budget, and strategy for the mitigation of project risks;
- Lead, manage and coordinate project construction teams to deliver construction projects on time, within budget and with a risk management approach consistent with the company risk appetite;
- Ensure all key aspects of the project contracts, including accounts, are monitored appropriately and in accordance with good contract administration practice;
- Ensure appropriate site processes and controls are in place for proper coordination of all work and report on project progress, key issues and risks at required intervals;
- Liaise with OE to ensure there is proper coordination of all project related oversight and awareness of relevant issues;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health, Safety and Welfare of themselves, fellow employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Honours Degree (Level 8) in Engineering or Construction Management (or other relevant discipline);
- A recognised Project Management qualification is desirable;
- 7+ year experience in a similar role;
- Project management experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in large-scale infrastructure project delivery, preferably in a wind energy environment, with a record of strong performance management and achievement;
- Project management experience in the project execution stages i.e. pre-construction/procurement, construction, commissioning through to commencement of operations;
- Ability to drive programme performance whilst ensuring adherence to requisite safety, quality and environmental standards;
- Previous experience of managing projects through the funding/financing process including interacting with funders technical and legal advisors;
- Good engineering, people management and verbal and written communication and reporting skills;
- Experience in implementing best-in-class project controls and project governance processes;
- Experience in delivering projects in complex local community and stakeholder environments;
- High energy and commitment to best practice and continuous improvement;
- IT Skills including Microsoft Office, Scheduling, knowledge of environmental requirements and H&S.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to [email protected]