Quality Engineer | Sligo
- Leading Medical Device Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced Quality Engineer who will be responsible for driving continuous improvement within the Value Stream, working with the Engineering and Production teams.
Become a Quality Engineer with a Leading Medical Device Company in the West of Ireland. This position would come with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career growth and development towards a Senior Engineer and beyond.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead quality-related projects within the value stream e.g. where significant process changes are required that originates from a customer complaint.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Quality Policy (product safety and quality) through the daily execution of sound quality practices.
- Develop and implement Value Improvement Projects.
- Support cost improvement projects and non re-occurring expense activities e.g. capacity expansions and new product variations within the value stream from a quality perspective.
- Provides Quality support for the transfer of new product into commercial Manufacturing.
- Provides additional support to the Operations team when a new product is introduced to the value stream where required until the product has reached steady state.
- Completion of targeted assessments for prevention reviews for new products introduced to the value stream.
- Supports validation activities within the value stream including MVP’s, MVR’s, TMV’s, OQ/PQ, PPQ and revalidation assessments.
- Supports the approval of supplier change notifications.
- Supports audits for the value stream from external regulatory agencies and customers and leads preparation activities in advance of such audits.
- Updates Quality procedures and specifications as required through the change plan process.
- Provides root cause analysis & problem-solving guidance.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- Level 8 degree in Science, Engineering or related subject.
- 3+ years relevant Supplier Quality / Quality Operations experience in good manufacturing practice manufacturing environment in Medical Device/Pharma industry.
- Project management experience.
- Green Belt qualification would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of validation processes.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have demonstrated the ability to lead in a previous role.
- Good organization and investigation skills are required.
- Excellent “hands-on” technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
For more information about this Quality Engineer position or other Engineering opportunities, contact Declan Duggan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 / +44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo - Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors