Quantity Surveyor | Dublin | Specialist Contractor
- One of the UK/Ireland’s largest specialist contractors
- Excellent package and scope for career progression
- Established list of existing clients across Ireland and the UK with over 90% repeat business
- Prestigious Projects across multiple sectors
Quantity Surveyor | Outstanding opportunity for ambitious, career orientated Quantity Surveyor to join an international market leading specialist precast concrete contractor based in the Leinster area working on a number of large confidential & prestigious projects on behalf of many well-known blue chip clients ranging in value from €10-€50 million each respectively.
Oradeo Recruitment’s client is one of the top specialist construction companies in Ireland & the UK who operate across a broad spectrum of sectors including; retail; civil; infrastructure; commercial; leisure; residential and more. Our client boasts an impressive array of international organisations within the architectural, consulting and contracting realm.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be able to build your career by supporting the senior management in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects and the project team from the earliest stages of the projects. The role will be fast paced and diverse, working across numerous sectors.
Quantity Surveyor Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviewing of contracts to ensure compliance.
- Operational procurement activity and contract support, in conjunction with the procurement department.
- Reviewing and commercial management of projects to ensure accurate and reliable reporting.
- Identify, analyse and report on trends within the business and projects.
- Management and forecasting the cash flow of both projects and the business.
- Provide data and analysis of issues & risks as required by management.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting.
- Review all incoming correspondence from employers, design team, subcontractors etc. to identify contractually critical items and initiate replies.
- Ensure compliance with contract programme and schedule and provide weekly reports to construction team on planned vs. actual progress.
- Ensuring construction team is adhering to all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same.
- Responsible for cost c controlling on all projects and ensuring budgets are achieved.
- Proactive engagement with the project managers on all live projects, to ensure the business goals are achieved and the commercial interest of the company are protected.
- Monitoring projects through design stage and working with the design team to ensure project deliverable are achieved and project risks are minimised.
- Issuing tender queries and preparation of tender reports and letting of subcontract packages.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed subcontract and procurement terms.
- Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements.
- Qualified in Quantity Surveying or Construction economics.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Quantity Surveying role with an established building contractor.
- Experience in façade would be an advantage.
- Familiar with MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Previous people management experience required.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality.
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment.
For more information about this Quantity Surveyor position or other Quantity Surveyor opportunities, contact Declan Duggan confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/+44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo - Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors