R&D Engineer | West of Ireland
- Leading Medical Device Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for an experienced R&D Engineer to Support day-to-day production activities such as yield improvement activity, change notice, DNCRs, calibrations, IQ and preventative maintenance
Become a R&D Engineer with a Leading Medical Device Company in the West of Ireland. This position would come with an excellent remuneration package and a clear path for career growth and development towards a Senior Engineer and beyond.
R&D Engineer Responsibilities:
- Representing the product development function in cross-functional product commercialisation teams from Front End Innovation through to Commercial Launch.
- Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
- Design and development of new products, including concept development, high-level design feasibility, prototype development, detailed design, test method development, design verification/validation, shelf-life determination and product commercialisation.
- Developing a high level of understanding of internal customer requirements.
- Conducting sophisticated analysis of data and developing detailed reports documenting results, conclusions and recommendations
- Liaising with clinicians and with customers to understand their needs and to therefore optimize product functionality and performance.
- Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company's development processes.
Necessary skills and requirements:
- An honours Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline is required.
- 3-5 years product development in medical device design is required.
- A post graduate qualification in a related discipline is preferred.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience in medical device design principals, material selection, design concept validation and test method development is required.
- Experience of working under medical device design controls, with proven knowledge of design verification/validation and design/process FMEAs is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerance-analysis and design-for-manufacturing is required.
- Experience of medical device regulations including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO quality requirements is preferred.
- Strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience is required.
- A demonstrated track-record of being part of successful cross-functional product development teams is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite is required.
For more information about this R&D Engineer position or other Engineering opportunities, contact Angela Haran at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo - Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors.