We are looking for a caring, cat crazy, highly skilled and driven nurse who is passionate about delivering excellent standards of care to their patients. Our ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about expanding their knowledge
- Hardworking and motivated to deliver exceptional nursing care
- Delivers excellent feline friendly nursing and adheres to our Gold standard Feline Friendly Protocols (training provided)
- Is confident in monitoring anaesthesia, assisting with surgeries and performing critical care nursing to our intensive patients
- Committed to continuing to build on our reputation for excellent customer service through strong client relationships.
About the role:
This full-time role consists of a rolling rota, where the nurses rotate around a variety of areas to include:
- Inpatient care of our hospitalised patients, including critical care and monitoring patients recovering from surgery
- Nurse consultations
- Anaesthesia and surgery
Our surgical caseload ranges from routine neuters and COHATs to orthopaedic, soft tissue, endoscopy, ultrasonography and referral ophthalmology. We launched our 24 hour emergency service to further expand our ECC caseload and as such, we have the facilities to perform blood transfusions and deliver intensive critical care nursing.
In terms of anaesthesia and theatre work, you will be expected to monitor anaesthesia confidently using state of the art equipment, often to patients with complex medical conditions.
We are very proud of our nurse consultations and you will be required to be passionate about engaging clients, building rapport and discussing a range of topics including preventative healthcare, behaviour, and nutrition (in house training is provided)
Previous experience is a bonus, but rest assured, you will be inducted and given full training.
Shift pattern: Rolling rota of 5 days per week, with a week spent on each shift of inpatient care/ nurse consultations, anaesthesia and surgery (including ophthalmology referral), inpatient care and surgical recoveries. Each shift is 8-9 hours long.
You will be joining a passionate and dedicated team, in which the front of house team, the nurses and the vets completely rely on each other and we work as a cohesive unit to deliver the very highest levels of care and service. You should be dedicated to uphold our Ethos, ‘CATS’ - Committed, Accountable, Trusted and Striving for Excellence.
- 28 days holiday leave
- 3 days paid CPD leave
- £500 CPD allowance per annum
- Discretionary performance bonus
- RCVS Membership paid
- VDS cover
- Discounted veterinary fees
- Joining to a close-knit team
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Regular 1-2-1's with line managers
- Annual pay reviews
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Discretionary paid bereavement leave
- Company sick pay
- Relocation packages
- Career progression opportunities
- We are a Tier 2 Visa A-rated sponsor and will definitely consider sponsorship for the right candidate with an RCVS registrable qualification