National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
North West Region - Galway Mayo Roscommon IE
10.5 Hours, Permanent.
Working with a multi - disciplinary team at local level, the successful candidate will be actively involved in providing ongoing support for Learners and Instructional staff on vocational training and rehabilitation programmes. They will be responsible for coordinating the Individual Action Planning (IAP) process including the development and review of IAPs.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A relevant degree coupled with a number of years relevant work experience.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills together with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Experience in working on own initiative with a professional and confident approach
- An awareness of disability issues and the skills and abilities necessary to facilitate self-advocacy in others.
- Previous experience of working with adults within a training environment; adults with i.d., mental health difficulties; working in advocacy role; providing staff support is a distinct advantage. Experience of linking in with and working with external agencies, families.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that all relevant rehabilitation issues are communicated to the respective regional rehabilitation psychologist (in his/her absence, to the Senior Psychologist) to enable the ongoing development of psychological services.
- To facilitate trainees in identifying needs and preparing for their first IAP. Attending trainees first IAP and later IAP’s if appropriate.
- To provide staff with formal support through the provision of regular meetings. Additional informal supports may also be provided on a needs basis.
- To provide ongoing trainee support as required.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 5/12/21
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer