A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
NLN Carlow and Kilkenny
Permanent contract, 11 hours per week
Working with a multi - disciplinary team at local level, the successful candidate will be actively involved in providing ongoing support for Learners and Instructional staff on vocational training and rehabilitation programmes. They will be responsible for coordinating the Individual Action Planning (IAP) process including the development and review of IAPs.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A relevant degree (Psychology, Social Work, Counselling or Education) coupled with a number of years relevant work experience
- Previous experience of working in a support role with adults within a training environment; adults with intellectual disability, individuals with Autistic Spectrum disorder, mental health difficulties; working in advocacy role and providing staff support
- Experience of linking in with and working with external agencies & families is desirable
- Knowledge and skills in the area of providing 1;1 support and advocacy to learners and with specialist knowledge in the area of learning disability, Autism and mental health
- Knowledge and skills around ways to support individuals with attendance and retention on training courses
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure that all relevant rehabilitation issues are communicated to the respective regional rehabilitation psychologist (in his/her absence, to the Senior Psychologist) to enable the ongoing development of psychological services.
- To liaise with other parties involved with trainees, including families, professionals, external agencies, local and regional managers on new developments as appropriate
- To facilitate and support learners in identifying needs and preparing for their first IAP. Attending trainees first IAP and all IAP’s thereafter
To make appropriate referrals to external counselling in consultation with the Rehabilitation Psychologist, as required
- The successful applicant will be one of a multi-disciplinary team supporting learners and staff across programmes
- This is a challenging role requiring flexibility
- Professional and confident approach
- Driving Licence is required
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: 3rd July 2020
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer