A commitment to living the values of Teamwork, Respect, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality.
We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals.
Rehabilitation Training Instructor
NLN Jutland Centre,
Raheen Business Park, Raheen, Limerick
Permanent, 36 Hours.
The Instructor shall be responsible for the training and development of all trainees on their programme in accordance with the agreed training programme specification (TPS), together with the day-to-day management and maintenance of all aspects of the programme.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level or Further Education qualification, preferably within the Education/Training or Social Sciences sector.
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualifications e.g. Train the Trainer
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills together with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Creative Skills with capacity to deliver sessions using a variety of media
- Occupational experience of working with Learners in educational, guidance and/or developmental contexts.
- Experience of working with young people with additional support needs including intellectual disabilities, ASD, physical and sensory needs and/or mental health difficulties.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, maintain all records required for effect monitoring of the trainees progress.
- As a key member of the rehabilitative team, to evaluate the vocational rehabilitation needs of each trainee and produce a profile of those needs. Instil by example and direct training, proper work attitudes and work behaviours in each trainee, and to provide trainees with adequate feedback about their progress and their future rehabilitation objectives.
- Develop and carry out plans for individual student community integration in line with HSE New Directions.
- Deliver Creative Skills sessions using a variety of methods – eg. Art, Craft, Digital Media, Drama, Music etc
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 23/01/22
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer