A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Rehabilitative Training Instructor
Fixed Term Contract 12 Months, 29 hours
The Rehabilitative Training Programme aims to equip the learner with skills to develop personally, socially and vocationally in making future choices and progress to greater levels of independence and integration. The Instructor will work within a multidisciplinary team which requires experience of working with people with a variety of support needs. Experience of working with people with a diagnosis of ASD, an intellectual disability, physical and sensory needs in a learning and/or educational context is required. The Instructor will work in the ASD programme, using the science of applied behaviour analysis (ABA) to support and teach students, so experience and qualifications in ABA, or, an openness to learning about the principles is essential.
At its core is the New Directions policy, which supports the development of the individual in making his/her independent choices. One-to-one key working is a pre-requisite of this position, in developing core person centred plans to support each learner’s decision making processes. The candidate should be able to demonstrate initiative and competencies which enable them to carry out duties with innovation, flair, imagination. Excellent communication skills are required in what is a person-centred training environment, as well as teamworking skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of individual person-centred plans; day-to-day training requirements in accordance with the NLN training programme specification and delivery of QQI modules in accordance with our quality assurance systems
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third Level or Further Education qualification, preferably within the Education/Training or Social Sciences sector, or Applied Behaviour Analysis
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualifications e.g. Train the Trainer level 6
- Experience of working in a specialized training environment
- Experience of working with young people with additional support needs including intellectual disabilities, ASD, physical and sensory needs and/or mental health difficulties
- Experience in developing and delivering QQI accredited modules
- Experience of supporting the development of person centred plans and future/transition plans
- Experience of keyworking which reflects a person-centred model.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To undertake the development and delivery of the RT programme with competence and carry out duties with innovation, flair, imagination in a person-centred training environment
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula; maintain all records required for effective monitoring of the learners’ progress; maintaining records of all training in accordance with both internal and external quality standards and producing reports on same, as required
- Carry out one-to-one key working; assist in the learner’s developing his/her Individual Action Plans, thus supporting the process regarding his/her own personal choices, according to New Directions and Training Programme Specification
- To support and assist learners both in the classroom and within their communities as per the New Directions ethos
- To develop curricula and innovative rehabilitation interventions in co-operation with the multidisciplinary team including the rehabilitation officer, rehabilitation psychologist, programme development officer and the Manager
- Excellent IT skills to support learners in a blended learning environment
- Approachable, positive can do attitude
- Ability to manage and adapt to changing environment
- Motivation skills with energy & enthusiasm
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 20TH September 2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer