A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Relief Care Worker
Longford Supported Accommodation,
Oaklands Green, County Longford
Fixed Term Contract 6 months, Variable hours
To provide a personal care service to individuals with Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Difficulties within a residential service setting, in an environment which values and respects the individual, fosters a positive behavioral support approach to supporting people with challenging behaviors and an environment that fosters community based living, personal development and social inclusion
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Candidates should have experience of working in a residential care setting
- Candidates should have experience in the provision of personal assistance in all aspects of personal care.
- A champion of Person Centred Planning and Individual Action Plans.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice and risk assessments at all times.
- Promote and actively involved in teamwork, creating a nurturing and supportive environment for the service user.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Thursday, 25th November 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer