A commitment to living the values of Teamwork, Respect, Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality.
We are an independent voluntary organisation providing services and support for people with disabilities and their families for more than 70 years. Our work positively impacts the lives of over 10,000 people with disabilities, equipping them with the confidence, skills, and self-belief to achieve their expressed goals
Relief Care Worker
Tralee, Co Kerry
Fixed Term Contract 6 months, Variable hours.
To provide a personal care service to individuals with Intellectual Disability and Mental Health Difficulties within a residential service setting, in an environment which values and respects the individual, fosters a positive behavioral support approach to supporting people with challenging behaviors and an environment that fosters community based living, personal development and social inclusion
Minimum Education & Skills required
- QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Candidates should have experience of working in a residential care setting
- Candidates should have experience in the support of independent living skills and community integration for persons with relevant disability
- Candidates should have experience in the provision of personal assistance in all aspects of personal care.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 19th January 2022
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer