A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
*We are creating a panel to fill Relief Care Worker vacancies in our services to cover staff on leave including holidays, maternity leave etc. These vacancies could be for part time, relief hours, fixed term or temporary positions.
Relief Care Worker
South Region - Various Locations
To facilitate a service user focused service to adults with varying disabilities & complex health needs that include, Intellectual Disability, Epilepsy and Parkinson’ Disease.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Understand the principles of care and how to put them into practice.
- Minimum of QQI Level 5 in Health & Social Care
- Skills and knowledge in the areas of Physical and Sensory Disability, Epilepsy and Mental Health.
- Full Clean Driving license.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide personal assistance in all aspects of personal care and manual handling, ensuring comfort and hygiene of service users and adhering to safe practice at all times.
- Assist service users in the taking of medication in line with policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all interactions with service users are approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporating choice.
- Facilitate and implement a person centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes and requirements of service users.
- To be able to work effectively in a team providing person centered support for service users.
- To be able to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of service users at all times.
- To be able to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer