A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Relief Driver to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community
Carlow Resource Resource Centre,
Graiguecullen, County Carlow
Fixed Term Contract 12 months, variable hours
To transport those who use our services as required in a responsible and safe manner maintaining the highest standard of driving, in accordance with the Road Safety Authority Driver Certificate of Professional Competence.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Valid Bus Driving Licence i.e Full D Licence
- Current Driver Certificate of Professional Competence
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of bus driving.
- Disability awareness and experience of transporting passengers with limited mobility or who use wheelchairs is desirable.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain the vehicle in a safe and roadworthy manner, internally and externally in order to comply with accepted standards and legal regulations.
- Report any incidents that take place while in charge of the vehicle to the Manager to ensure a safe provision of service.
- Use appropriate lifting/handling techniques and aids/adaptations in order to ensure safe entry and exit from the bus and compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
- To provide personal assistance in required aspects of Service user’s needs, promote and support independence and community integration in your approach with the service user group including accompanying service users to locations out with the service
- Provide a quality and continuously improving service in order to meet the needs of those who use our services.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 15th September 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer