A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Programme Facilitator to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community
Relief Programme Facilitator
Kilkenny Day Service,
William Street, County Kilkenny
Fixed Term Contract 6 months – Variable hours
To be part of a professional team & progressive service supporting individuals with complex challenges to achieve and maintain valued roles in their community through learning, social and recreational opportunities.
The successful candidate will be required to work in a way which reflects the values of Supported Self Directed Living, implementing the core values of New Directions. The candidate will have an innovative ability, together with drive, enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude.
To facilitate individuals with their programme choices and demonstrate a passion to assist in enhancing the person’s image in all settings.
To facilitate in the educational, developmental, recreational and occupational programmes and activities of the service, as appropriate.
The candidate will work as a positive member of the team and make a conscious effort to investigate new opportunities and advocate the same for the best interest of the service users, service and team.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Minimum QQI Level 5 in Social Care, or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of New Directions and community based programmes
- Knowledge and understanding of intellectual disabilities and mental health issues.
- 1 year minimum experience of working in a relevant Setting with the experience of facilitating and implementing person centred plans,
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To develop and deliver person centred programmes to meet the needs of service users as identified through Person Centred Planning and to maintain the required records
- To be a key worker to service users in order to facilitate the Person Centred Planning process. To identify goals and supports required by individual service users and maintain records as required.
- To support individuals and groups in accessing their community to meet identified needs by facilitating activities and programmes and any other reasonable duties as deemed appropriate by the Programmes Supervisor / Community Services Manager.
- To observe all rules and regulations of the RehabCare services ensuring that all relevant Rehab Group administrative rules, regulations policies and procedures are adhered to at all times
- Must have good report writing skills and IT skills
- Programme facilitation skills an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Full driving license is essential.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 28th July 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer