Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for a Care Worker to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Relief Social Care Worker
Seoidin Children’s Residential Service,
Patrickswell, County Limerick
Fixed Term Contract 6 months, Variable hours
To provide an individualised service to children with a diagnosis of intellectual disability and/or Autism Spectrum Disorder, in an environment which values and respects the rights of the child in line with The National Standards for children’s Residential Services and Child First Guidelines.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A third level graduate in Health & Social Care, is essential
- Experienced of working in a Residential Setting (Essential)
- Knowledge of HIQA standards.
- Knowledge of national standards for children’s residential services and child first guidelines.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To promote the physical wellbeing of each child and report any changes to the Manager.
- To participate in creating a nurturing, safe and supportive environment for the children.
- To facilitate and implement a Person Centered service appropriate to the needs, wishes, and requirements of the children
- Actively participate in appropriate educational, recreational and occupational programmes within the house and in the community ensuring best practice in line with up to date research regarding childcare and Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have good report writing skills and IT skills
- Full drivers licence desirable
- Must have experience in working with people with disabilities and autism spectrum disorder.
- Programme facilitation skills an advantage
- Be able to adapt to different tasks each day and work well with a team
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 8th December 2021.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer