A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for an experienced Support Worker to join our team. Working within a supported, accommodation service - you will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day to day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your upmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Relief Support Worker
Sligo Supported Accommodation
Tonaphubble, Co Sligo
Fixed Term Contract – 12 Months, Variable hours
To promote the development of independent living skills, and to assist service users in their daily living within a supported accommodation service, ensuring their safety and well – being at all times.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A third level qualification in health and social care or equivalent, is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of providing appropriate supports to service users with relevant disability.
- Experience of working with service users in a community environment
- Experience of facilitating a person centred plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure all interaction with clients is approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporates choice
- To enshrine the concept of independent living to include and assist clients in the selection of their meal menu, in the cooking of their meal and eating, promoting personal choice at all times; and facilitating and enabling clients to integrate with the local community and access local resources
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of clients at all times.
- To document information, update records, and complete necessary paperwork for communication and accountability purposes.
- A flexible shift system will operate
- A full, clean driving licence is required
- To comply with health and safety legislation.
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Sunday, 27th September 2020
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer