A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
Are you looking for a role in a challenging, yet extremely rewarding environment? Do you have the compassion and the strength of character to help people with disabilities, live independent lives? We are Rehabcare, the health and social care division of the Rehab Group. We deliver quality, client focused, services. We are looking for an experienced Residential Service Manager to join our team. You will promote the development of independent living skills, while you assist our service users in their day-to-day tasks. Their safety and wellbeing will be your utmost priority at all times. You will nurture their ability to make their own choices and support them every step of the way, as they reach their full potential. You will be a champion of dignity, empathy and inclusion for all people with disabilities, within the community.
Residential Service Manager (Person in Charge)
North West Region,
Fixed Term Contract 12 Months, 39 hours
The post holder has responsibility for the daily management of all aspects of operational delivery of residential services
The holder will also be the nominated Person in Charge and will ensure the provision of high quality, responsive and sustainable services in accordance with HIQA regulations and relevant legislation (including Safeguarding of vulnerable adults 2014 and Trust in Care 2005).
The individual will have responsibility for the management of relationships with key stakeholders; these relationships will be managed in close collaboration with the ISM.
The Residential Services Manager is responsible for the leadership of the team and co-ordination/direction of the activities within their services.
The Residential Services Manager is in charge of a designated Centre as the appointed person in charge (PIC).
The Residential Services Manager is responsible for the safeguarding and protection of all residents tenant in the service.
The post holder will identify and implement an integrated approach to service delivery across the Group’s suite of services in their network area.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- An appropriate third level qualification or equivalent (NFQ8) in Health and Social Care management.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in management or supervisory role in the area of health or social care.
- Experience of ensuring services are run in accordance with HIQA regulations
- Demonstrable and operational knowledge of HIQA and relevant legislation, policies and procedures
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that the service delivered meets the identified needs and wishes of the people that we support; allowing for active participation and engagement, including the management and analysis of complaints
- Actively promote a culture of continuous improvement where shared learning opportunities are optimised and national/international best practice is embedded at the earliest opportunity. This will be achieved through working in collaboration with colleagues across Group.
- Lead and direct operational staff within services to ensure that robust people management principles are embedded so as to foster a strong a strong cross-functional team working ethos; identification and development of emerging talent; development of a performance management culture; as well as clear communication of the team’s progress in meeting its performance objectives working closely with the ISM.
- Ensure that quality and safety is at the forefront of service provision and the services delivered across the services adhere to internal and external quality and registration standards. This will be measured through participation compliance with all relevant service evaluation mechanisms applicable within services arrangements and external regulatory bodies. This will be achieved through close working with colleagues from the Quality and Governance division.
- Hold a full, clean driving license.
- Be action orientated; enjoying working hard and seeking challenges with an ability to act and react as required, even in circumstances of limited/incomplete information
- Be flexible regarding working hours and travel in order to meet the operational needs of the service and organisation.
- Flexibly adapt to take on other reasonable duties/projects if required by the ISM
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, please visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
Closing Date: Tuesday, 11th May 2021
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer