Please note, this role is for Maternity cover.
Hours: Flexible shifts to suit your requirements
What we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay (€15.04 - €23.55) per hour.
- Excellent Holiday entitlements
- Flexibility within your working schedule - you give your own availability
- Online bookings system
- A fully comprehensive induction training programme
- Full in-house training (CPR, Patient Manual Handling, etc)
- Refer a friend bonus
- 24-hour on call support
- Dedicated booking coordinator
- Continued personal & Professional development
- Opportunity to gain experience
Overview of the role:
To promote and maintain the highest attainable standard of nursing care within the facility and ensure that all staff are performing their duties adequately. This role reports to and is responsible to the Director of Nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and ensuring they are treated as individuals.
- Understand the Named Nurse concept, its function, and implementation and ensure that all relevant documentation is completed to the standards required
- Maintain professional standards in keeping with An Bord Altranais Code of Professional Conduct and have an understanding of all An Bord Altranais documents and their implications for nursing practice.
- Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all residents, relatives, and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times, especially to the bereaved.
- Ensure all Servisource policies are known and adhered to by all staff.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate records within the home in accordance with legislation and Servisource standards
- Ensures the agreed policies and procedures for the control, administration and custody of all drugs and medicines are adhered to.
- Knowledge and awareness of HIQA standards and ability to participate in inspection process.
- Ensure all admissions to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation completed.
- Liaise with health care professionals as necessary regarding the discharge of a resident to the community to ensure continuity of care
What we need from you:
- Work experience in a healthcare facility for at least 150 hours
- Be registered in the General Division of the Register of Nurses
- Must be willing to undertake Garda Vetting
- Full immunisations against Hepatitis B are a must
- Registered on the Irish live register (NMBI). Must have active PIN.
- Fluent in English language (verbal and written) and be eligible to work in Ireland
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Caring and compassionate, and be passionate about providing high quality person-centred care
- Valid Third Level Degree in Nursing
- 1 Year relative experience
If you are newly qualified this is your perfect opportunity to gain excellent experience within a healthcare facility
To apply for this position or for further information on the roles available, please contact:
Calum on [email protected] quoting JO-2211-505679 in the subject bar.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Please note due to the high volume of applicants for this position, we can only respond to candidates that meet the above requirements.