Senior and Junior Technical Analysts | Mayo
- Leading Pharma Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for a number of Senior Technical Analyst to join our clients in Mayo to complete the establishment of a new suite of laboratories within strict timelines and to manage the laboratory once established.
Our client’s are expanding the Biosafety (In-Vitro Adventitious Agent) line of business, and are now expanding Virology and Mycoplasma laboratories to cater for our client’s growing needs for testing. These assays will include cell culture, viral and mycoplasma methods.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Technical Analyst, who along with a Laboratory Supervisor and Junior analysts will be responsible for expanding the laboratory to GMP standards. The team will be responsible for the development and validation of new viral and mycoplasma methods for clients, execution of routine validated Biosafety Assays and for the day to day running of the laboratory. All new roles will be involved in both the culture of cells and in performing the end-point analysis e.g. CPE, plaque assay, DNA staining, etc.
This role shall report to the Biosafety & Cell Based Assay Manager and the main duties & responsibilities shall be to assist the Department Manager and/or the Scientist in the following:
- Generation and maintenance of mammalian cell banks
- Generation and analysis of viral stocks for routine adventitious agents testing
- Qualification of all cell, virus and mycoplasma banks for use in AVA and Mycoplasma testing.
- Establishment of Test Method SOPs and validation of methods.
Core duties shall include:
- Maintenance and propagation of antibiotic free cell cultures.
- Competent in microscopic evaluation of mammalian cells and viral infections (e.g. CPE, Plaque assays, haemadsorption)
- Carrying out virus and mycoplasma based test method procedures.
- Provide technical training to team as required.
- Receipt and processing of test samples in LIMS.
- Update current standard operating procedures.
- Assist in laboratory investigations where necessary.
- Responsible for reporting progress information to Management.
- Assist in internal, regulatory and client visits/audits and respond to findings.
- Complete understanding off all regulatory guidelines.
- Liaise with the Quality Department for the generation of all departmental quality documents including audit responses, facility replies and deviation reports.
- Generation of GMP compliant SOPs, Protocols and reports
- Generate risk assessments for laboratory and test items as required.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Senior Technical Analyst (Cell Biologist) position.
- MSc in a relevant science discipline (e.g. Cell Biology)
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry.
- Experience in cell culture techniques essential (antibiotic free highly desirable).
- Experience in in-vitro bioassays and project management highly desirable.
- Experience in virology and biosafety testing requirements highly desirable.
- Knowledge of biosafety classifications and Code of Practice for the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Biological Agents) Regulations 2013 (S.I. No. 572 of 2013) desirable.
Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
For more information about this Senior Technical Analyst position or other opportunities, contact Angela Haran at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo - Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the life sciences, pharmaceutical, construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors