Servisource, on behalf of our client is seeking a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join their growing team in Dundalk, county Louth. Reporting directly to the Engineering manager, you will be part of a development team that is passionate about tech.
If you are looking to be a part of a team that pushes you to the next level, this is the ideal organisation for you.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test and debug backend software.
- Document use cases, procedures, scripts and programs that belong to a project.
- Analyse, optimize and maintain current IoT Backend software.
- Evolve the current code and implement new features.
- Support software QA and optimize performance.
- Interface with the firmware and mobile developers and work together on getting the code in place.
- Assess third party software to leverage on our products.
- Assess technology providers.
- Mentor junior developers.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years working with AWS Cloud service.
- 2+ years of experience working with NodeJS.
- Experience with Java, GoLang, Python, Rust, C++ are a plus.
- Has ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects at one time to meet deadlines.
- Strong skill set in problem-solving and innovating new design techniques.
- Strong background in code security best practices.
- Strong background in infrastructure security.
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP Protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
It’d be awesome if you had:
- Security certifications (ethical hacker)
Benefits of working within this company:
- Leadership that is invested in your learning and development.
- A team that has your back and challenges you.
- Bleeding edge technologies and getting exposed to new trends on industry
- We love to do rapid prototyping, work with big data, IoT, machine learning, and find new ways to solve problems.
- A fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Work/life balance.
- Stability - our team sticks around.
Candidates must be able to work in Ireland with no restrictions.
If you are seeking a new challenging role, feel you meet the above criteria and want to work for a company with a wealth of opportunity we would love to hear from you. Please apply today to [email protected]