Senior Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
Location: Dublin 16
Three Q Perms & Temps is recruiting on behalf of our client, an independent Mental Health Service in South Dublin. For a Senior Clinical or Counselling Psychologist to join their multidisciplinary team. Your position will contribute to the friendly, dynamic and supportive team to delivery hight standards of care.
This is a full time, permanent position with the salary range of €84,271 - €96,055 Depending on Experience.
- Conduct psychological assessments for patients/residents in inpatient, outpatient, and day services.
- Deliver individual, family, and group therapeutic interventions.
- Supervise Student/Trainee/Assistant Psychologists.
- Conduct service evaluation research for patient care enhancement.
- Identify and propose solutions for psychological needs.
- Maintain high-quality, evidence-based patient care.
- Manage patient transfers and discharges.
- Maintain accurate records and uphold Clinical Governance standards.
- Oversee psychology-led research projects.
- Advise on psychological practice and education legislation.
- Address complaints and issues in line with centre policy.
- Provide leadership support and guidance to staff.
- Contribute to policy formulation for patient-focused care.
- Participate in committees and task groups.
- Enforce established policies (e.g., health and safety, infection control).
- Complete incident reporting and risk assessment.
- Create and review professional development plans.
- Develop optimal learning environments for students.
- Promote and engage in relevant research.
- Stay updated on clinical literature and developments.
- Attend psychology-related training, seminars, and conferences.
- A recognised third-level degree or diploma (QQI Level 8 equivalent) in psychology, which is accredited by the Psychological Society of Ireland
- A recognised post-graduate professional qualification in Clinical or Counselling Psychology, or an equivalent qualification validated by the Department of Health.
- 5 years minimum post-graduate experience in area of professional psychology
- At least five years of post-graduate experience in the area of professional psychology.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have acquired, in appropriate health settings (i.e. Adult Mental Health/Psychiatry of Later Life), at least 60 days or equivalent supervised clinical placements as part of the professional qualification, or equivalent
If you’re looking for a new job and this sounds like your ideal next step hit ‘Apply’! For further information contact Grayson at 01 878 3335.