Senior Contracts Manager | Tier 5 Main Contractor | Dublin
- One Ireland's largest Main Contractors with significant annual turnover
- Excellent package with scope for further career progression
- Large, interesting and prestigious projects across various sectors including commercial, mixed-use, hotels, healthcare, industrial, pharmaceutical, data centre etc.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for a Senior Contracts Manager/Project Director to join a market leading international main contractor based in the Dublin/Leinster area. The successful Senior Contracts Manager will have the opportunity to work on a multitude of exciting, complex and large project surround the Dublin area ranging in value from €40-€80+ million respectively.
Oradeo Recruitment’s client is not only an international Main Contractor but also one of Ireland’s top 5 Main Contractors who are leading international specialists in construction, infrastructure, fit-out and asset management operating across multiple facets of the industry dealing with many high profile blue chip clients.
The Successful Senior Contracts Manager will be tasked with leading and managing the successful delivery of a number of projects within in the Dublin area and will have the opportunity to further develop their career with this well-established organisation.
Senior Contracts Manager Responsibilities:
- As a Senior Contracts Manager you will be tasked with proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality on completion
- Preparing and complete commercial monitor reconciliation on a monthly basis to highlight areas of overspend or savings thus appropriate action can be taken
- Ensuring in receipt of and fully aware of all information at Estimating/Surveying handover
- The Development of Project Commercial Plans and ensuring buy in from the project team and management
- Provision of advice and feedback as projects progress, to senior management
- Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
- Understand and implement the requirements of the company Commercial Management
- The Senior Contracts Manager will ensure effective procurement and supply chain management
- Be very commercially aware, ensuring that an efficient and effective change control system is in place
- Development of recovery strategies where necessary
- Implementation of effective means of controlling contractual documentation on the project ensuring that the team prepare and maintain programmes and related records
- Management of all commercial/contractual related aspects
- Actively participate in site project meeting and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved
- As a Senior Contracts Manager you must be able to function autonomously and jointly with senior management. You must routinely make management decisions pertaining to project issues with minimal supervision throughout the life of the project
- Must function effectively as liaison between the company and external Client executives so as to protect the Company and the specific project, to resolve issues or concerns in conjunction with the Board of Directors
- Instruct, coach and direct the project staff with respect to construction, contractual, and regulatory requirements with responsibility for assigned work
- Manage day to day operational duties
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Develop and deliver progress reports, analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Build, grow and develop business relationships for the success of the project
Necessary skills and requirements:
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Management/Engineering
- The suitable Senior Contracts Manager should have 12+ years’ experience with recognized main contractors on large complex project valued at €40+ million operating in a similar role i.e. Senior Contracts Manager/Project Director
- Have a proven track record of seeing projects through to their successful completion
- Strong customers focus skills, with the ability to build relationships and networks with strategic stakeholders
- Have a sound knowledge of current construction techniques, build ability and value engineering concepts
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
- Able to demonstrate financial, commercial and business development acumen
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a strict deadline environment
- Must be technically competent with the ability to set and track project milestones and deliverables
For more information about this Senior Contracts Manager or Contracts Manager positions, contact Eavan McCallig at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/+44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo– Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK, Europe and Middle East for professional recruitment services (Executive search/Directors, Senior Quantity Surveyors, Quantity Surveyors, Contract Surveyors, Contracts Managers/Project Director, Commercial Manager, Site Engineer, Senior Engineer, Project Managers) and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, Mechanical & Electrical, Warehousing and Logistics and Industry