The Rehab Group is a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK.
Senior Financial Accountant
Unit 10D, Beckett way, Parkwest Business Park
Fixed term 12 Months, 39 hours
The Senior Financial Accountant prepares monthly Financial Statements and monthly Consolidated Management Accounts. This position will report directly to the Financial Controller. The Senior Financial Accountant supports the Financial Controller in the management, co-ordination and delivery of an efficient and effective Finance Function.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A NFQ8 qualification or an equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Qualified Member of relevant accountancy body with PQE.(ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Ability to deliver tangible results within agreed, tight deadlines
- Ability to take both macro and micro views of costing proposals
- Minimum 5 years’ finance experience
- Working to tight deadlines in large complex accounting function—essential
- Working in a complex accounting function to strict reporting deadlines—essential
- Proven experience in using a relevant financial software package.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare the annual budget for review including the monitoring of the budget vs. the actual budget explaining key financial movements in conjunction with the Financial Controller in line with Group’s Policies and Procedures and reporting timelines.
- Produce accurate, effective and timely monthly management accounts in line with best practice (FRS102 SORP) and within Rehab Group policies
- Provide costings and impact to the Budget/Forecasts in order to enable the Financial Controller to review actual performance versus planned.
- Improve the collection, integration and presentation of financial data including the development of IT submissions in order to outline the targeted efficiencies and paybacks to the Financial Controller.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 26/12/2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer