Senior In-vitro Analyst | Mayo
- Leading Pharma Company in the West of Ireland
- Excellent career progression opportunities along with a generous package.
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for a Senior Invitro Analyst to join our clients in Mayo to complete the establishment of a new suite of laboratories within strict timelines and to manage the laboratory once established.
Our client’s are expanding the Biosafety (In-Vitro Adventitious Agent) line of business, and are now expanding Virology and Mycoplasma laboratories to cater for our client’s growing needs for testing. These assays will include cell culture, viral and mycoplasma methods.
We are looking to recruit an In Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Analyst to work in and help establish a new Cell Culture and Virology Laboratory located in Ballina, Co. Mayo, Ireland.
This role shall report to the In-Vitro (Cell Culture/Virology) Supervisor and the main duties & responsibilities shall be to assist the Department Manager in the following:
- Qualification and/or validation of all equipment for the new Cell Culture and Virology Laboratory in accordance with GMP and corporate validation requirement standards and guidelines.
- Draw up SOPs and implement testing in strict accordance with these SOP(s) ensuring full GMP regulatory compliance as appropriate.
- Generate and Qualify cell banks for use in client specific testing.
- Establishment of Test Method SOPs and validation of methods, where appropriate.
Core duties shall include:
- Complete understanding off all regulatory guidelines.
- Executions of Protocols and reports.
- Carrying out test method procedures.
- Assist the Department Manager and/or Supervisor in addressing all departmental quality documents including audit responses, facility replies and deviation reports.
- Assist in laboratory investigations where necessary.
- Participate in training as required.
- Update current standard operating procedures, if required.
- Assist in generation of risk assessments for laboratory and test items as required.
The following are minimum requirements related to the In Vitro Analyst position.
- BSc in a relevant science discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, etc.)
- A minimum of 1 years relevant experience in Scientific Research preferably within a GMP regulated environment (EMEA/FDA) within the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, CRO Industry is highly desirable.
- Experience in in-vitro bioassays and project management highly desirable.
- Experience in virology and biosafety testing requirements highly desirable.
- In-Vitro Analytical techniques essential.
- Knowledge of biosafety classifications and Code of Practice for the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Biological Agents) Regulations 2013 (S.I. No. 572 of 2013) desirable.
- Ability to problem solve and work on own initiative.
For more information about this Senior Technical Analyst position or other opportunities, contact Angela Haran at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo - Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the life sciences, pharmaceutical, construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors