Servisource, on behalf of our client are seeking 3x Senior Project Managers (2 on a permanent basis and 1 on a specified purpose contract to cover maternity leave) for their Powergen Development Business Unit.
The roles will be based in Newbridge, Co.Kildare and will report to the Planning Program Manager.
The successful candidate will lead the delivery of Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment Report/Appropriate Assessment applications/assessments for specific Powergen infrastructure projects, manage baseline environmental and constraints assessments and other projects where required.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Lead and project manage the planning process for specific Renewable energy project(s) up to the point of consenting decision and any subsequent challenges to same;
- Develop and inform the Business Unit Strategy to Planning and Environmental Compliance issues by keeping abreast of planning outcomes, changes in legislation, policy decisions and national and local authority development plans to maximise the potential opportunities and outcomes for the company;
- Track and identify, prepare/liaise/contribute and/or submit relevant submissions or comments on policy documents as they arise, such as national strategies, regional planning guidelines, county development plans, renewable energy strategies, planning applications and planning guidelines that could impact on our client’s project development pipeline as appropriate;
- Lead the implementation of protocols for effective engagement with key stakeholders, including all relevant statutory and non-statutory consultees relevant to the planning processes of specific Powergen projects;
- Develop in conjunction with the Communications and Stakeholder Manager effective project plans to the ensure appropriate management of communications and consultation with local communities and other relevant stakeholders around proposed development sites;
- Provide environmental, planning and project management expertise in relation to the delivery of Powergen development projects;
- Review the significance of developing planning/environmental related legislation and relevant planning decisions and advise Powergen management on same; • Lead and project manage specific baseline assessment studies carried out as part of the project selection process;
- Prepare and/or check scopes for third party services for projects and fully participate in the various stages of associated procurement processes. Ensure that the procurement of third party services for projects under the planning and environmental remit are carried out in compliance with company procurement guidelines, and monitor and evaluate the performance of principle consultants with respect to their use on future projects;
- Ensure that all works carried out under your remit comply with our client’s Health & Safety and Environmental policies and all relevant EU and National policies and statutory requirements;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises and understand and apply all Health & Safety legislation and regulatory requirements as a fundamental element of any design undertaken ensuring safety of employee's and members of the public during construction, testing and commissioning;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Hons Degree (Level 8 FETAC) in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent;
- Post Graduate (Level 9 FETAC) qualification in a relevant discipline, (e.g. Environmental Science, Engineering, Planning Law) desirable but not essential;
- 5 -7 years’ experience project managing/working on planning applications and preparation of EIAR/AA for large scale projects;
- Significant experience in leading/inputting to projects in planning applications and environmental licencing/environmental impact assessment or other consenting processes. An emphasis on Power Generation (Renewable) and related infrastructure, or SID projects desirable but not essential;
- Significant technical expertise in the areas of infrastructure planning process and environmental assessment and licencing. In depth knowledge of relevant legislation and policy in these areas;
- Project management across a range of projects with differing priorities, risk profiles and timelines;
- Specific expertise in the delivery of EIS/EIAR/AA/NIS documentation for large scale development projects.