Servisource, on behalf of our client are seeking a Senior Project Manager for their Powergen Development Business Unit on a permanent basis.
The role will be based in Newbridge, Co.Kildare and will report to the Commercial Manager – Powergen Development.
The successful candidate will drive the assessment and development of new business opportunities and assigned infrastructural projects through the feasibility, business case preparation, design, consenting, financing and construction phases into the delivery of fully operational power assets within the power generation sector.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Engage with parties both internally and externally to identify and explore new business opportunities in the power generation sector;
- Undertake technical and commercial due diligence to assess the potential of opportunities. Undertake feasibility assessments and prepare business cases to support investment in the new business opportunities;
- Develop project delivery strategies appropriate to the projects and joint venture partners needs to best ensure successful project outcomes;
- Develop and implement detailed project management plans for each project phase to ensure projects are run in accordance with best practice (e.g. PMI, IMPA) in project management and governance;
- Propose suitable management structures and the team roles required to efficiently deliver large scale infrastructure projects;
- Analyse and appraise overall project risk profiles and provide regular updates so as shareholders are provided with accurate information in which to make their decisions;
- Ensure robust new business and project financial models are prepared, supported by specialist technical and commercial inputs so that these can be audited to the level of scrutiny required by external investors;
- Engage with and manage the interface with investor's technical and commercial due diligence advisers to provide all required data;
- Ensure project costs are controlled and reported regularly along with forecasted spend to completion;
- Execute agreed project management plans to ensure all deliverables are achieved on time and within the scopes and budgets set;
- Direct the execution of the overall project and its separate workstreams, interpret key technical inputs and validate that all deliverables meet the required technical and regulatory requirements set;
- Coordinate the interaction of and dependencies between various work packages and manage the interfaces between external contractors to improve overall project delivery;
- Manage the procurement of all goods and services required by the project in accordance with company policy and Irish and EU legislative requirements;
- Actively engage with key suppliers to negotiate main project contracts (e.g. CBoP, EBoP, OE) on favourable commercial terms which are in line with marketplace norms;
- Administer key project contracts and oversee the delivery of goods and services in accordance with the contract terms and technical specifications set. Analyse any claims and variations to determine their validity and engage with suppliers to resolve;
- Ensure liaison with all key external stakeholders as appropriate to aid the delivery of various licences and permits;
- Ensure a proactive approach to managing community engagement in line with our client’s policy is pursued on projects under management;
- Coordinate the prepare all documentation required to obtain Board, Departmental and Ministerial approvals;
- Identify structure and roles required, acquire the team and create a high performance culture to achieve agreed key project deliverables (i.e. design, consenting, financial close, commercial operation);
- Monitor and control project performance against plan and ensure records, accounts and reports are maintained;
- Implement stakeholder management plans and liaise with senior management and shareholders to keep them appraised of project status;
- Ensure Environmental, Health & Safety management systems are put in place, maintained and proactively managed in accordance with best practice and regulatory requirements;
- All employees are expected to co-operate fully with all provisions taken by the company for ensuring Health and Safety, and Welfare of co-employees and members of the public using the premises;
- Proactively participate in the Performance Management process to ensure delivery of own, and the wider team's, objectives.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Honours Degree in Technical/Financial discipline (NFQ Level 8);
- Recognised Project Management qualification an advantage;
- 5 years’ experience as Project Manager or equivalent level;
- Membership of Engineers Ireland or equivalent;
- Excellent knowledge of the power generation sector and emerging technologies;
- Excellent Project Management skills are essential for this role;
- Excellent contract negotiation and financial management skills are essential for this role;
- Excellent report writing and communications skills are essential for this role;
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
If you meet the above criteria, please send your CV to [email protected]