Senior Structural Design Engineer | Dublin
- Market leading specialist construction company with significant annual turnover
- Excellent package with a clear scope for career development
- Opportunity to be involved in a number of prestigious, large and technically challenging projects across multiple facets of the industry
Oradeo Recruitment is presently seeking interest for a Senior Structural Design Engineer on behalf of one of our clients who is a market leading specialist engineering construction company. The company are specialising in the design, manufacture and supply of specialist products to the UK & Irish construction markets. The company is headquartered in the Dublin area, with regional offices in the UK.
Oradeo Recruitment’s client has an award winning reputation, they are a “best in class” Company, who collaborate with some of the most prestigious Clients, Architects, Consultant Engineers, Professional practices and Contractors in Ireland and the UK.
As a Senior Structural Design Engineer coming from a Structural engineering / Civil Engineering background you will join this growing multi-disciplined engineering design and construction team. You will play a key role in supporting the engineering department along with the Engineering Manager. In return you the Senior Structural Design Engineer will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become a future leader within the organisation.
Senior Structural Design Engineer Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for handling Technical matters.
- Working closely on construction plans with clients, architects, and other professionals.
- Making sure that projects meet legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements.
- Using a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs.
- Managing budgets and project resources.
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Supervise project teams and give progress reports to both clients and senior managers.
- Being responsible for the organisation and delivery of materials and equipment for the needs of the construction project will form part of the Senior Structural Design Engineer The supervision and management of on-site labour may also be a necessity
- Involve design team in supply chain and procurement
- Identify need for and manage specialist sub-contractor/consultancy designs
- Identify and manage third party involvement
- Carry out team appraisals / reviews & capable of managing an office team
Necessary Skills and Requirements:
- You will possesses a 3rd level qualification in Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or similar
- Experience in a similar role with a Design Consultancy or Contractor managing the design delivery of projects
- Experience of working with precast concrete/façade would be advantageous
- AutoCAD and Revit experience in 2D and 3D with knowledge of MS Office products.
- Experience in the structural engineering in commercial, high-rise, residential, mixed-use, civil/infrastructure sectors etc. with values in the region of €5-€10 million
- Chartership preferred but not essential
- Full driver’s license essential
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills are essential.
For more information about this Senior Structural Design Engineer role or other Design Engineer positions, contact Declan Duggan at Oradeo Recruitment confidentially on +353 1 687 7188/ +44 845 643 4964 or apply in confidence.
About Oradeo - Oradeo Recruitment are specialists in the construction & engineering sector. We are a leading service provider in Ireland, UK and Europe for professional recruitment services and the provision of managed labour in Construction & Civil Engineering, Data centres, Mechanical & Electrical, Life Sciences and Renewable Energies sectors