Sign Language Interpreter/ Communications Support Worker
Tralee, County Kerry
Fixed term, 20 hours
The Sign language Interpreter / Communications Support Worker is responsible for the support of training and development of deaf learners in accordance with the agreed local training programme specification, working closely with course instructors and other support services.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Have formal accreditation or have attended an interpreter training programme and are awaiting independent accreditation.
- Knowledge and compliance with professional interpreting bodies such as CISLI (Council of Irish Sign Language Interpreters), and with a Code of Ethics.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge in translating from Irish Sign Language (ISL) to spoken or written English and vice versa.
- Comprehensive knowledge and awareness of issues related to deafness.
- Number of years work experience gained in the area of Irish Sign Language Interpretation.
- A high standard of proficiency in ISL and English.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To work with NLN in relation to relaying the training programmes to the service users.
- Support Deaf, deafened, hard of hearing and Deaf/Blind people. Ability to create ‘deaf aware’ amongst staff and learners within National Learning Network.
- Ability to hold awareness training sessions regarding working with an Interpreter.
- To observe and practise NLN’s Confidentiality Policy and to follow all relevant statutory policies and agency codes of practice and procedural guideline requirements.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 7/11/21
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer