A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
National Learning Network is the training and employment division of the Rehab Group. We have over 50 years’ experience in the area of training for employment or further education and benefit from a hugely experienced multi-disciplinary team of nearly 600 teachers, trainers, programme development officers, psychologists, counsellors and employment support staff.
Skills for Life Vocational Training Instructor
Fixed Term Contract 18 months, 36 hours
The Skills for Life Vocational Training Instructor is responsible for the training and development of Learners in accordance with the agreed local training programme specifications, together with the day-to-day running and maintenance of all aspects of the training programmes The Skills for Life Instructor assists Learners with additional support needs in exploring their future career and educational direction and in making realistic vocational choices with a view to progressing to further education/employment. Skills for Life is an Employability QQI Level 3/4 programme which offers young adults the opportunity to learn, explore and understand relevant technology applications for the digital age. The participatory and energetic delivery methodology on the programme engages Learners through use of digital media projects, podcasting and other creative projects. Skills for Life educates learners on how technology can be used to enhance their lives and work opportunities.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level qualification, preferably within the Education/Training/Information Technology or Social Sciences sector
- A relevant pedagogical/training qualification – Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 as minimum
- A number of years relevant occupational experience of working with learners in educational, guidance and/or developmental contexts
- Experience in QQI certification and accreditation processes
- The capacity to engage with people in an empathic and congruent manner and have experience in dealing with young people and the challenges they face
- Good knowledge or experience of digital technology; pod casting, gaming, music production, sound-video editing and popular applications
- Good knowledge of Universal Design for learning principles and application
- The Instructor will take part in all aspects of co-ordination and facilitation in respect of National Learning Network delivery of QQI Level 3/4 Employability Skills
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, with responsibility for the instruction of a number of modules for QQI Levels 3 together with non-accredited creative and soft skills modules
- Facilitate participants in developing the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to secure progression outcomes
- As part of a team liaise appropriately with relevant key stakeholders in maintaining programme allocations. Assist Learners in reviewing previous experiences and exploring future goals, using a range of occupational interest, educational and problem solving techniques
- Collaborate on the development of Individual Action Plans to support each Learner’s progression, Evaluate the vocational rehabilitation needs of each Learner and produce a profile of those needs. Source and support work experience placements and instil by example and direct training, proper work attitudes and work behaviours. Provide learners with adequate and constructive feedback about their progress
- Maintain all records in accordance with both internal and external quality standards and produce reports on same. Develop curricula and innovative interventions in co-operation with Programme Development Officer, Rehabilitation Psychologist, Manager and Staff.
- Approachable, positive can do attitude
- Experience in working on own initiative with a professional and confident approach.
- Motivation skills with energy & enthusiasm
- Professional and confident approach
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 3rd August 2021
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer