Social Care leader Required in West Cork
As a Social Care leader, you use positive approaches to support people who may have challenging behaviour in line with organisational practice. You may be asked to participate in all aspects of the running of the service including leisure activities, escort duties, general cleaning and upkeep of the service.
An ideal candidate for this Social Care leader position should be a caring individual, who is willing to offer protection and support to vulnerable or dependant clients both individually and in groups. You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You should also have excellent organisation, motivational, and interpersonal skills together with the ability to work on your own initiative and effectively manage your time. In addition, you will have proven leadership skills.
Responsibilities of Social Care leader:
- To have proven ability to interact successfully with people with various disabilities.
- Understanding and experience of therapeutic interventions.
- A knowledge of the HIQA/Tusla regulations and standards.
- To be an active member of a multi-disciplinary team who assess needs, develop strategies and implement plans that can be used to support change and development; particularly strategies to support self-esteem, motivation and resilience.
Requirements of Social Care leader:
- Minimum Level 7 Degree in Social Care in addition to in-date certificates in Patient Moving & Handling, MAPA, First Aid and Children’s First
- Will have a minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Social Care leader working with people with Intellectual Disabilities
- Will have a proven ability to interact successfully on a one to one basis with clients
- Will have fluent written and spoken English and excellent report writing skills
To Apply for this Social Care Leader position in West Cork or to gain further information please contact our email with your updated CV to Cliodhna at [email protected] .