Sligo Supported Accommodation
Tonaphubble, Co Sligo
Fixed Term Contract, 30 hours
To promote the development of independent living skills, and to assist service users in their daily living within a supported accommodation service, ensuring their safety and well – being at all times.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- A third level qualification in health and social care or equivalent, is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of providing appropriate supports to service users with relevant disability.
- Experience of working with service users in a community environment
- Experience of facilitating a person centred plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure all interaction with clients is approached with dignity, respect, equality and incorporates choice
- To enshrine the concept of independent living to include and assist clients in the selection of their meal menu, in the cooking of their meal and eating, promoting personal choice at all times; and facilitating and enabling clients to integrate with the local community and access local resources
- To ensure the privacy and confidentiality of clients at all times.
- To document information, update records, and complete necessary paperwork for communication and accountability purposes.
- A flexible shift system will operate
- A full, clean driving licence is required
- To comply with health and safety legislation.
- To maintain a basic knowledge of first aid/personal care and to implement good hygiene practices.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 27 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
Closing Date: Friday, 7th August 2020
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer