A commitment to living the organisational values of Team work,
Dignity, Justice, Advocacy and Quality
The Rehab Group is a charity that provides services for over 20,000 adults and children, and champions the value of diversity and inclusion for people with disabilities or disadvantage in their communities throughout Ireland and the UK.
Vocational Training Instructor
Permanent Contract, 30 hours
The VT Instructor is responsible for the training and development of Learners in accordance with the agreed local training programme specification, together with the day-to-day running and maintenance of all aspects of the training programme. The Instructor assists Learners with additional support needs in exploring their future career and educational direction and in making realistic vocational choices with a view to progressing to higher level further education or employment.
Minimum Education & Skills required
- Third level qualification in any area such as employment, business, education, training, social care, retail, logistics etc.
- A relevant qualification - Train the Trainer QQI Level 6 as a minimum.
- Experience in delivery of QQI level 3 + 4 certifications.
- A number of years’ relevant occupational experience of working with learners in educational, guidance and/or developmental contexts.
- Experience in developing and delivering training would be an advantage
- Experience in TQAS and QQI accreditation processes.
- Experience in sourcing work placements.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide systematic training according to specified curricula, with responsibility for the instruction of a number of modules for QQI Levels 3 + 4 certification.
- Facilitate participants in developing the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to secure progression outcomes.
- Meet key performance indicators in relation to learner placement and progression and achievement of certification targets.
- As part of a team liaise appropriately with relevant key stakeholders in maintaining programme allocations.
- The Instructor will take part in all aspects of co-ordination and facilitation in respect of National Learning Network.
- Good understanding of work placements, job coaching and mentoring.
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid maternity leave
- Paid paternity leave
- 24 days annual leave
- Bike to work scheme
- Tax saver travel scheme
- Income protection
Closing Date: 30/01/22
To view full extensive job description please, click apply to visit our company site and download attachment at the bottom of the page.
These duties and responsibilities are a reflection of the present service requirements and may be subject to review and amendment to meet the changing needs of the services.
The Rehab Group is an equal opportunity employer