We are going Bananas today!!
10 Benefits of eating bananas.
- They contain many nutrients, potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, magnesium, Copper, Manganese, Net Carbs, Fibre, Protein and fat. A medium-sized banana has about 105 calories.
- Bananas can help moderate blood sugar levels after meals and may reduce appetite.
- Bananas are fairly rich in fibre and resistant starch, which may feed your friendly gut bacteria and safeguard against colon cancer.
- Bananas may aid weight loss because they’re low in calories and high in nutrients and fibre.
- Bananas are a good dietary source of potassium and magnesium – two nutrients that are essential for the health of your heart.
- Bananas are high in several antioxidants, which may help reduce damage from free radicals and lower your risk of some diseases.
- Depending on ripeness, bananas harbour high amounts of resistant starch or pectin. Both may reduce appetite and help keep you full.
- Unripe bananas are a good source of resistant starch, which may improve insulin sensitivity. However, more research is needed.
- Eating a banana several times a week may reduce your risk of kidney disease by up to 50%
- Bananas may relieve muscle cramps caused by exercise. They also provide excellent fuel for endurance exercise.
When your finished eating the bananas, there are further uses for the skins!
- Use to polish your shoes and your silverware.
- Use them to fertilize plants.
- Rub them over your teeth to whiten them.
- You can also rub the peel on your forehead to relieve pain.
- Use them to make a face mask. Banana peel contains enzymes to help condition your skin.
- Place the peel over mosquito bites, small scratches or poison ivy rash. The pain will ease.
- You can actually eat them, raw or cooked.
- Place a piece of skin over a wart (yellow side on wart) change regularly until wart falls off.
- Use the peel to remove a splinter. Tape over splinter, the enzymes will shift the splinter.
- Get rid of acne using banana skins. Rub your acne with the white side, leave it on you face.