JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Civil Construction company in Brisbane, Australia to recruit a Civil Engineering Supervisor. The role will be responsible for the planning, supervision, and compliance of Construction Works within the ongoing projects. The Civil Engineering Supervisor is also responsible for managing employees and subcontracts and monitoring progress to ensure works are carried out as per construction programme scopes.
Our client, an Irish run company have a long list of projects scheduled in civil construction, mining, project management and projects with Australian and Federal Government. This role would offer the right candidate a brilliant opportunity to progress in their career with continuous growth opportunity.
This role is also offering a very attractive salary package as well as a sponsorship visa, flights and initial accommodation upon arriving in Australia.
Interested? Read on for all the details.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily, weekly and monthly planning
- Management of employees and subcontractors
- Overseeing HSEQ compliance and leading a safety culture on-site
- Monitoring progress, always keeping in close contact with members of the site team
- Ensuring that all employees, workers and sub-contractors manage their scope of works according to the construction program
- Plan and conduct daily prestart meetings prior to shift commencement with all appropriate personnel
- Monitor all contractual obligations including in terms of cost and time and ensure they are being met
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- DTMR pavement experience preferred
- Minimum 7-10 years in the construction industry
- Construction White Card & current Driver’s Licence
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail and passion for quality and safety
- Prior experience with bulk earthworks, stormwater, sewer & water networks, road and bridge construction is preferred
- Ability to monitor costs and manage budgets
- Ability to manage personnel and equipment resourcing