JWR Employment Specialists are working with a Civil Construction company in Australia to recruit a Civil Project Engineer for Bowen Basin, Australia. The role will be responsible for the planning, supervision, and compliance of Construction Works within the ongoing projects. The Civil Engineering Supervisor is also responsible for managing employees and subcontracts and monitoring progress to ensure works are carried out as per construction programme scopes. This is a rural role on a mine site and will work on a FIFO (fly in, fly out) basis.
Our client, an Irish run company have a long list of projects scheduled in civil construction, mining, project management and projects with Australian and Federal Government. This role would offer the right candidate a brilliant opportunity to progress in their career with continuous growth opportunity.
This role is also offering a very attractive salary package as well as a sponsorship visa, flights and initial accommodation upon arriving in Australia.
Interested? Read on for all the details.
About the role:
- Work in a privately-owned business
- Be mentored and supported by Senior Managers
- Gain experience in multiple disciplines, Road and Bridge Construction, Subdivisions, Defence Works and Mine Civil Works.
- Solid pipeline of projects in Mackay and Bowen Basin valued from $500K to $10M
- Current Projects based out of Mackay include Council Culvert Upgrades, Subdivision, Mine Levee and Mine Access Road construction.
- With local status in Mackay, opportunities exist for a long-term career for local residents, FIFO or relocation options are considered
- The option exists for a FIFO project and then a return to our project base in Brisbane
- Current Projects in Brisbane include Bridge Replacement Works, significant Council Road Infrastructure Projects, Leachate and Dam Earthworks
- Vibrant and dynamic work environment encouraging innovation and creativity
- Professional growth opportunities, continuous learning, and career advancement
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- A passion for the Construction Industry
- A willingness to learn, acquire new skills and continuously improve in the role.
- A ‘hands on’ attitude to delivering the best solutions for the project.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
- 2+ years in the construction and engineering industry
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for safety, environment, and quality of work.
- Experience in traffic management, stormwater, sewer, water mains, flexible and rigid pavements, civil structures / bridge works.