JWR Employment Specialists are recruiting a Financial Accountant for a Medical Device manufacturing company located in Boyle, Co Roscommon.
As the Financial Accountant, you will be applying principles of accounting to manage the monthly close and support other accounting and reporting requirements along with oversight and leadership to a small team.
Benefits of the role include a competitive salary, flexible work schedule, a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for growth and development.
- Manages the completion and preparation of the monthly financial accounts.
- Coordinates the monthly close process, including but not limited to journal postings, intercompany reconciliations, assessments, etc
- Reviews subsidiary financial reporting processes to ensure compliance to US GAAP and internal accounting policies
- Prepares and/or reviews monthly account reconciliations
- Manages and assists annual external audit processes, technical accounting issues and maintains the integrity of the Financial set up in the IFS ERP System
- Manages and assists with R&D Tax Credits, annual tax returns and completion of annual Statutory Financial Statements
- Manages and assists with coordination of Payroll processes, Accounts Receivable collection processes and Accounts Payable payment processes.
- Manages all relevant accounting processes and systems and ensure all processes are properly documented
- Supervises a team of accounting staff positions and ensures properly developing team to take on additional duties and responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Minimum 2-5 years post-qualified experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong technical accounting skills
- In-depth Knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Outlook required, knowledge of IFS and Onestream preferred.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong initiative to meet deadlines consistently in an accounting function responsible for providing timely and accurate reporting monthly.
- Prior supervisory experience or project management experience a plus.
- Focused on continuous improvement, learning, and developing new skills.
- High level of integrity and reliability.