JWR Employment Specialists are delighted to be recruiting a Junior Mechanical Engineer for an Engineering company who are experts in ventilation ducting systems.
The company located in Castlebar, Mayo manufacture bespoke ventilation ducting equipment onsite using a specific combination of industrial equipment and custom tooling that does not exist anywhere else in the world.
Reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer, this role will join a team of three other engineers and will offer the right candidate excellent career progression opportunities in a rapidly expanding business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop CAD model part and assembly templates in Solidworks
- Create drawings templates in Solidworks
- Develop parts list
- Fill in excel documents of measurements and component types as per instructions
- Prepare CAD models for FEA and CFD analyses
- Research of new materials that could be used to develop product offerings
- Develop design guides, reports, and processes currently in place
- Write up product development tests as per instructions
- Research safety and performance standards in the ventilation industry
- Research new technologies and systems (Fourth Industrial Revolution) and create report
Other responsibilities include:
- Always maintaining the Company interests
- Understand and apply with our QEHS policies statement in all aspects of your work
- Contribute towards achieving company’s objectives that are of relevance to your work
- Implementation of company Health and Safety policy
- Comply with QEHS Management System requirements i.e. perform your work according to your process documents, procedures and maintaining document information/completing forms/records as required
Skills, Education and Experience.
- Honours Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions
- No professional experience required
- Ability to create reports and instructional guides
- Creative thinking, problem identifying and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of using Solidworks, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong team player with great communication skills
- Knowledge of Product development & evaluation; Data analysis, Analytical techniques
- Legally permitted to work in the EU
- Language: English to expert level for business