Our client is looking for a Small Animal Vet to join a team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Facility Manager they operate within a strict regulatory framework (GLP/GCP),
You will be responsible for the medical and sanitary follow-up of site animals. You will provide technical and scientific advisory to the animal facility team and overview on the
humane care of animals. You will also be involved in the expansion of the business by assisting in the development of new areas and new models that may be required by the customers.
You will receive a complete onboarding and training program provided by technical and scientific
Tasks and responsibilities
· Carry out veterinary examinations of animals and provide care and treatment, including
· Provide technical and scientific expertise to animals care takers staff and to scientific
· Apply the health monitoring program and review food, bedding and water analysis
· Ensure the animal welfare policy of IPD is applied
· Participate in educating and training staff on animal welfare and humane care of animals
· Actively participate in the development and fine-tuning of new methods (surgical
interventions, sampling, new dosing techniques, etc.)
· Involvement in specific experimental phases of efficacy, pharmacokinetic, bioequivalence and safety assessment studies (neurological examinations, full necropsy procedures where required ).
· Actively participate in the Ethics Committee and Animal Welfare Body
· Ensure the back-up management of the veterinary pharmacy in accordance with
· Monitor regulatory files and ensure welfare accreditation is maintained.
· Participate in customer Animal Welfare audits and regulatory inspections (HPRA)
You have a veterinary degree, recognized in Ireland, and be registered with the Veterinary Council of Ireland.
Excellent English, both spoken and written.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and good teamwork abilities.
Car is essential for this role
· contract under collective agreement for the pharmaceutical industry
· Salary: 40K to 70K
· 60% of the cost of health insurance,
On-call duty is required for some evenings and weekends but it will be very rarely required.
Send your CV to email@example.com